Senior Data Scientist
We’re looking for an analytical, scrappy, product-minded data scientist to leverage our extensive data set to develop analysis and machine learning models to power Amino’s products.
You will be working with team of data scientists to develop analysis and algorithms that power all of Aminos products. Currently, we are developing more features on our Cost Estimation and Find-a-Doctor products. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into our data to discover insights to improve our product offering as well as create new products. The insights you find makes it possible for users to find affordable care or doctors with unique specialities where they may not have been able to before.
There are inherent challenges when working on a consumer healthcare technology platform. As a team, we have to be exceedingly diligent about the correctness of our recommendations. It is a unique challenge to develop features and products and iterate at high velocity and also require research-level scrutiny.
As a senior member of the data science team, you play a major part in not only product development but also find new tooling and processes to make the data science team run more efficiently. We expect that you will encourage intellectual curiosity and creativity but also help the team focus and ship product.
We expect to see:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques such as classification, recommendation systems and regression
- Solid programming experience with Scala or Python
- Experience using distributed processing engines like Map/Reduce and Spark
- Proven ability to develop data products from inception to business impact while working in a cross functional team
- Prior experience or a strong interest in working with healthcare data
- PhD or Master’s Degree in applied statistics, computer science, data mining, or a related quantitative discipline
Our goal is to make the healthcare experience better for patients and doctors—to increase transparency, lower costs, and improve outcomes. It's a big challenge, and we hire people who aren’t afraid to take on audacious projects.
We’re proud of fostering a culture where clarity of thought and openness are paramount. Our downtown San Francisco office is designed for happiness, comfort, productivity and collaboration, with a great balance of open spaces and quiet rooms to accommodate your working style. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and we’re still small enough to get in on the ground floor.
We believe in collaboration, respect, and curiosity. Everyone’s input is valued, be it about code, data models, business models, or product ideas.
Take a peek into our talent culture and recruiting process:A Letter to Amino Candidate