Consumer Public Relations Lead
You'll be joining the Amino team to reach existing and new consumer audiences through consumer media, influencers and bloggers, and more. You'll build relationships with media in relevant categories (including women's lifestyle, personal finance, and local media), familiarize them with Amino's user-friendly products and helpful content, and secure coverage in a consistent cadence. You'll also have an opportunity to leverage Amino's powerful healthcare database to tell interesting and unique data stories about healthcare utilization and access in America (see these types of stories on our blog think the cost of birth control by region, seasonal flu trends, gender breakout of common doctor specialties, and so much more) that get people thinking about their own healthcare choices.
This role will report to the Communications Manager and work alongside our scrappy, collaborative marketing team to achieve shared objectives. You will lead the development and execution of all consumer-facing communications and oversee the daily activities of external agencies/freelancers that support this role. Major activities will include: creative campaign development, calendar tracking, story research, media relations, local market strategy, and support for broader PR and communications initiatives.
You are someone who loves sharing tips and telling stories, speaks consumer media, and has a proven track record of taking the spark of an idea and turning it into a successful PR moment. You're a team collaborator, but also comfortable working independently on projects. You're also not afraid to nerd out over data and healthcare, and have experience working with media to translate complex information and concepts into stories that your aunt would find interesting.
Finally, you're passionate about working for a company that is having a real impact on people's lives and wallets. This passion drives all of us at Amino, and we would expect you to feel the same way.
What we expect to see:
- 3-4 years relevant work in consumer and/or technology PR role
- Deep knowledge of consumer media (print, digital, broadcast, radio)
- A proven track record of owning and executing consumer campaigns from start to finish (joint PR/influencer campaigns a plus!)
- Familiarity with local media strategies
- Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in both agency and in-house settings
- Experience managing/collaborating with external agencies and partners
- Experience with innovative PR strategies and tactics, such as data programs, events, guerilla marketing, partnership PR, etc
- Strong relationships with women's interest, lifestyle, and/or personal finance publications
- Passion for healthcare and working with big data
- Interest in influencer campaigns/outreach
- Interest in event planning
- Interest in social media campaigns
How to apply
Send us an email and tell us about:
- Who you are and what you’ve worked on
- Some of your thoughts on healthcare, briefly
- Why this is an exceptionally good fit
- Anything else that’s on your mind
Looking forward to hearing from you. We’ll get back to you right away.Email us