We're looking for an intellectually curious, creative, and exceptionally meticulous lawyer to partner with and advise the Amino executive team in making appropriate risk management decisions that support rapid growth in a complex and highly regulated industry.
You will join as our first In-house legal counsel, so you will own everything related to legal at Amino. You will be an active strategic partner to the functional leaders and advise them on the best ways to achieve their goals.
You should be comfortable leveraging your experience, integrity, and superior communication skills to conduct and support negotiations with outside parties, move legal documentation forward, ensure compliance with applicable law, oversee the firm’s relationships with outside counsel, and assist the executive team in making appropriate risk management decisions.
You will have the opportunity to learn the complexities of the health industry and to advise the team on how to create a product that drives our mission forward while staying within the regulatory lines.
We are a small team who believes in constant growth and that success is a group activity; you should expect to learn from everyone at Amino and be excited to share your knowledge.
We expect to see:
- Driven to make a positive impact on the world through your work
- Exceptional negotiation and project management skills on complex transactional matters, including corporate financings and software or data licensing
- Strong combination of high integrity and flexibility
- Ability to communicate nuanced legal matters effectively with non-lawyers
- Keen eye for details and exception-handling within both recurring and nonrecurring business agreements
- Collaborative approach to understanding business goals and identifying legal solutions to business objectives
- Experience at fast-growing companies or experience serving them as outside counsel
- Real passion for growing your skills and solving problems that you have never faced before
- JD from a leading law school and at least four years of experience at a top tier law firm
Nice to have:
- Experience with healthcare regulation, data privacy, and HIPAA
- Exposure to offensive and defensive intellectual property strategy
- Educational or professional background in healthcare, health policy, or medicine
Our goal is to make the health care experience better for patients and doctors—to increase transparency, lower costs, and improve outcomes. It’s a big challenge, and we hire people who aren’t afraid to take on audacious projects.
We’re proud of fostering a culture where clarity of thought and openness are paramount. Our downtown San Francisco office is designed for happiness, comfort, productivity and collaboration, with a great balance of open spaces and quiet rooms to accommodate your working style. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and we’re still small enough to get in on the ground floor.
We believe in collaboration, respect, and curiosity. Everyone’s input is valued, be it about code, data models, business models, or product ideas.
Take a peek into our talent culture and recruiting process: A Letter to Amino Candidates
How to apply
Send us an email and tell us about:
- Who you are and what you’ve worked on
- Some of your thoughts on health care, briefly
- Why this is an exceptionally good fit
- Anything else that’s on your mind
Looking forward to hearing from you. We’ll get back to you right away.Email us