Health Data Analyst
We’re looking for a scrappy, product-minded data analyst with experience working with healthcare data to improve how we use and interpret our extensive healthcare dataset to power Amino’s products.
As a member of the data analysis team, you work with a cross-functional group of data scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop the analyses and algorithms that power all of Amino’s products. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into our data to discover insights to improve our product offering as well as create new products.
Impact you will have:
- You’ll develop insights that will make it possible for users to navigate the healthcare system with ease and confidence.
- You’ll build products that will improve healthcare accessibility and affordability.
- You’ll influence the fundamentals of how we model and use health-related data used by teams across the company.
What you will do:
- Develop new data products such as procedure cost comparisons, physician experience profiles, and safety scores from initial inception to business impact while working in a cross functional team.
- Collaborate with a data-focused Product Manager to identify, evaluate, and execute on the highest-impact ways that we can improve the coverage and accuracy of our data products.
- Connect the dots across providers, payers, and patients to refine the conceptual models for how Amino represents real-world claims and provider concepts in our data.
- Work closely with the engineering team to define new entities, relationships, and insights.
- Act as a domain leader to mentor your colleagues about the contents and structure of health data.
Skills and experience you possess:
- You have deep knowledge of and prior experience working with healthcare data, such as claims or provider databases. (Bonus: You are familiar with provider contracts, claim adjudications/processing, or managed care.)
- You are comfortable reading and gaining insights from third-party health research papers.
- You have an understanding of statistics and predictive modeling.
- You are comfortable writing clean, well-tested code in SQL, and are familiar with modern programming environments.
- You have strong analytical abilities and experience exploring and gaining mastery over unfamiliar datasets.
- You value and practice collaboration and feedback. You question and seek feedback on your own work and opinions.
- Your documentation and verbal communication skills are excellent. You can communicate domain-specific knowledge in clear terms to your peers as well as across teams.
We are a small team who believes that success is a group activity. You should expect to learn from everyone at Amino, and be excited to share your knowledge. You will play a big part in influencing the shape of the product and the technology we use, and will be empowered to make technical decisions and trade-off calls between scrappy ship-it pragmatism and the long-term maintainability of your code.
We believe in collaboration, respect, and curiosity. We believe in having a growth mindset, and have a passion for solving problems that have never been faced before. Everyone’s input is valued, be it about code, data models, business models, or product ideas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We know the reputation and track record that the tech industry has, and work hard to be exceptional in this regard.
Want to learn more?
- Take a peek into our talent culture and recruiting process.
- Read note from our Head of Engineering on the people-centric processes we have adopted.
- Read about our Ethics.
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor.
- Check to see if you know an Amino teammate on LinkedIn.
- To get a sampling of the sort of data and analyses we work with, check out some of our data storytelling: